March 31, 2020
To the Valued Members of our Patient Community
By now, we are all familiar with the new and emerging infectious disease threat known as the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19). The science around durations and intensity of infectivity is still evolving but its effect on the health and economy of the global community is on a scale not seen before for many generations.
We will continue to monitor and act in accordance with guidelines issued by the Provincial Ministry of Health as well as the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. as the health and safety of our patients, staff and greater community is our top priority.
Our office will be closed until further notice and our current office hours may change based on the most current advisory from the Provincial Health Ministry and College of Dental Surgeons of BC. If you have an appointment already booked, our receptionist will contact you to reschedule.
All elective and non-essential dental services involving direct physical contact are reduced to minimal levels, however, we will continue to provide care for Emergency and Urgent care situations. This will include treatment for infection, acute pain and/or trauma. This may also include conditions that may result in imminent risk for infection or pain. However each situation will be evaluated and treatment provided in a manner and location that will safeguard the health and safety of staff and the patient.
We wish to reassure everyone that our office adheres to the rigorous guidelines of Universal and Standard precautions for prevention of infection. In addition, here are some of the steps we have taken in order to put your health and safety at the forefront:
- We will strictly adhere to the guidelines of self-isolation. If anyone of our dental team meets the criteria for self-isolation they will not attend the clinic
- Decreasing the number of chairs in our waiting room and spacing out remaining ones to maximize safe distancing and minimize physical contact
- Frequent disinfection of all surfaces in public areas including countertops, arm rests, door handles, office supplies
- Provision of sanitizing stations for your use
- Temporarily remove all magazines from the reception area
- Patient will have a pretreatment risk assessment to evaluate risk to patient, healthcare provider and greater community.
As we are all aware by now, exercising good personal hygiene practices and monitoring for early signs of illness is of utmost importance. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.), if you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days or been in contact with anyone with a suspected case, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment to allow an opportunity to self-quarantine.
Questions about the virus or you may be experiencing symptoms and are unsure?
- Novel coronavirus information: 1-833-784-4397
- Health information: 8-1-1
For more information and resources:
- Questions about Covid-19
Dr. Kenneth Wu